The Wall Street Journal has called Portland one of the best places to retire in America.
The number of residents aged 65 or older in the metropolitan area is expected to increase by 106 percent between 2010 and 2030 — as compared to an increase of just over 34 percent in the US population as a whole.
What are the city’s attractions for Baby Boomers?
– A mild climate
– Compact and walkable urban development
– Lively and affordable culinary and performing arts scenes
– A culture of kindness
– The largest urban forested park in Agen Sbobet the country just minutes from downtown
– An “unstated religion” of nostalgia expressed in its large stock of historic homes
– Intellectual stimulation with over 12 universities and a public library system with the 2nd-highest circulation in America after New York City’s public library
– A strong spirit of voluntarism and civic engagement
On the down side? The cost and limited supply of housing and relatively high property taxes.