The first days and weeks that a home hits the market are a one-time opportunity. If the property doesn’t capture interest right away, that window is lost. So it’s vital for your home to be in the best possible condition, priced right and marketed effectively from the get-go.
A good realtor will develop and execute a strong marketing plan. It should capitalize on the most desirable features of your home and neighborhood. The plan should set a list date and work both backward and forward from that point. Every step in the process needs to be completed at the right time.
- Taking professional photos and, for some properties, creating a virtual tour
- Installing a yard sign and a passcode-protected lockbox
- Preparing the listing for Portland Metro’s Regional Multiple Listing Service
- Creating professional color flyers
- Syndicating the listing on the brokerage and agent’s site as well as Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com and a host of others
- Researching the market to identify potential buyers and target them for direct mail
- Placing newspaper ads
- Sending out “Just Listed” postcards to neighbors in the surrounding area
- Sending out “Just Listed” e’cards to all Portland area brokers
- Hosting open houses for brokers and the public
- Providing weekly progress reports on marketing efforts, including feedback on open houses and showings
- Conducting periodic reviews and adjusting the plan as needed